- Because he is stating the obvious rather than trying to hide it.
- Because his primary audience is not the Elite and/or Entitled.
- Because we do not want the Most Conservative nor Most Liberal to be President.
- Because the GOP has been completely impotent in stopping unconstitutional policy.
- Because he is the most trustworthy.
- First and foremost Trump is often telling like it is. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that immigration is a big problem for most Americans, especially Republicans. There are few places in America today where you will not find a dozen or so Latinos loitering for a potential day job. That seems like a great thing to someone looking for cheap labor, but that cheap labor comes at a higher price than is obvious. American workers come with Workman’s Compensation bills, insurance concerns, and taxes so even if an American were to loiter there with the Latinos, there is a greater risk in hiring them than someone who can’t complain about injuries and/or safe working conditions. Is sending them all back the solution? Probably not, but at least he is not trying to cover up an obvious problem.
Same goes for terrorists. It is completely insane to bomb the hell out of a region and then invite the displaced to come live with you. And when I say ‘you’ I don’t mean the Elite, because the displaced are not invited to the Elite’s neighborhoods, they are invited to live anywhere but the Elite’s neighborhoods.
2. It is no secret Trump is part of the Elite crowd. He lives a lavish lifestyle, but he doesn’t try to hide it or make it look less lavish. What he is doing is something the GOP Elite have long ago abandoned, he is talking to those of us who don’t fit into the Elite or Entitled crowd. He is talking to those who try hard to earn an honest living and despise the idea of the government taking care of them.
We don’t want handouts, we want a chance to compete for our fellow Americans’ needs for goods and services. American Domestic Industry is saddled with 500+ Federal and State Agencies taxing and regulating us to the point that our costs to do business soar, and then our Dear Leaders create trade agreements that allow Foreigners to escape all the extra costs that we have no choice but to endure. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that making the Home Team pay all sorts of mostly arbitrary Domestic taxes will make providing Domestic goods and services too cost prohibitive to compete with our Foreign competitors. It is no wonder why jobs are being off-shored, it is too expensive to compete domestically. It’s like tying your fighter’s hands behind their back and then ringing the bell. We’re getting slaughtered because the Rules are stacked against us, and ‘we’ make the rules!
3. It may be surprising to the Democrats and Republicans, but most of us are tired of the Cold Civil War that the D and R parties have waged for the last 150+ years. Neither party stands for anything but their own wealth and power. Both parties are consumed with trying to use government to solve problems that government interference typically exacerbates. Every 4 to 8 years we Americans have to endure each party trying to ‘fundamentally change’ the way things are done. Imagine a company trying to do the same thing. It doesn’t work.
News Flash Two Party System – You cannot legislate Morality, Generosity, or Safety. When you try it only creates a series of inadequate and incomplete laws that lead to undesirable unintended consequences, and more inadequate and incomplete laws, and so on. The Elite and Entitled are not hurt from all this as much as those of us in the middle. Most of us are in the Middle.
We don’t want the most conservative or liberal telling us how to be moral, generous, or safe, but someone in the middle who shares ways to be those things is welcome to do so. In addition, the term ‘conservative’ has lost all meaning. It is far more associated with Social Conservatism than Fiscal, and most of us simply put Abortion and Gay Marriage at the bottom of our concerns. Besides, these are issues that Government has shown to be inadequate to address, much less solve. The term Liberal used to mean adhering to Limited Gov’t principles, but that changed in the 1930’s to mean Socialist. We don’t need or want others forcing us to be moral or generous, in fact, we’d do both more easily without government’s ‘help’.
4. There is absolutely no reason to trust the so-called Republican Leadership. The Grand Ole Party of Limited Government is a myth. It’s a legend that only exists in history books that have turned out to be fiction. The Republican Party actively destroys our Rights to Privacy and Justice while doing Nothing, Nada, Zip to stop other encroachments like Obamacare. It is as if they have made a deal with the Democrats to give up our Rights in some areas so that the Democrats can erode our Rights in others. No matter how well intentioned the most conservative Republicans end up being, they are impotent when it comes to defending what was once core American values.
5. For all the outlandish things that Trump has said, and there are many, he is the most trustworthy by far. This is largely due to point number 1. In between the rhetoric, Trump often calls it like it is. He shares many of our concerns and while I can trust him to do some things that I disagree with, I and many others feel he will at least try to accomplish many of the things we do agree on.
Lastly, the Republican Elite keep trying to push career Lawyer/Politicians on us. Marco Rubio is a perfect example, he is the Obama of the Republican Party. He has never had a job and he thinks he is experienced enough to lead a country? Where do they find these people? Hello?? Auto Mechanics are more trustworthy than Lawyers, and rightly so. All auto-mechanics do not belong to a Monopoly (American Bar Association) that heavily profits by making thousands of laws and tax rules so complicated that no one can truly agree on what they all mean.
So take it from an actual Trump Supporter. Most of us do not support racism, xenophobia, or the like. Most of us support him because we have finally figured out the Republican Party Elite are against us, not with us.
The End is Far,